Martin Frasier

Martin Arnold “Moose” Frasier was born in Sturgis, S.D., to the late Arnold Frasier and Carol (Birst) Frasier. He was the fifth child born among six children.
As a child he liked to hunt, wrestle, hike  and do outdoor things with his family. Also, as a child, he was introduced into the logging industry, which he pursued without hesitation. He was an easy-going child and it did not take much for him to enjoy life.
After graduating from Custer (S.D.) High School, he went on to pursue a degree in Colorado in diesel mechanics, which he later on would despise. He followed his dream of logging and moved to Ashland, Mont., in 1994.
In 1995 he met the woman he chose to marry and agreed to adopt her daughter as his own when Mikayla was only 3 years old. With that union, Moose and Kim welcomed three boys, Patrick, Micah and Ethan. Moose valued being a dad and in his kids’ eyes he was the best father that they could ever have. He would do anything for his kids and would move mountains to be there for his children and grandchildren.
He was proud to become a grandpa, in which they would call him “Papa Moose.” Kaisyn was his first grandchild, and he would become one of the “Frasier boys.” He liked to hang out and tag along with Papa Moose and his uncles. Eventually he would become a grandpa three more times after that to Kylie, Zayn and Zayla.
He spent his off time chasing each of his children and their dreams. He took great honor seeing his children’s accomplishments, whether it was watching his children graduate college, watching the boys rodeo, to watching a Grizzlies football game or to welcoming another grandchild. It did not matter: wind, rain, snow or ice, he would make sure he made it to spend time with his children.
In that time Moose chose to give his life to the Lord, in which it would become a lifetime and eternal commitment. Moose loved and worshipped the Lord and was a godly man. He was a valued member of the church; no matter where he lived, he would find a church.
In his commitment to the church he would find some of his lifelong friends in the Lord and Bible study buddies, Doug Bishop, Ben (Kim) Waddington, Daniel Waddington, Pastor Paul, and Kirby (Sherry) Peterson. He would never hesitate to share his love for Jesus and always would always be willing to share scriptures and prayers.
Moose would have daily scriptures sent to his friends, family and children. On April 9, 2024 he sent a text thread to his children from Phillipians 1:21 stating, “For to me, to live is Christ [He is my source of joy, my reason to live] and to die is gain [for I will be with him in eternity].”
Moose was a compassionate guy and anybody that knew him knows that he would give the shirt off his back, shoes off his feet and any money he would have on him and expect nothing in return. His positive energy would radiate to anyone that was around him, and his smile was as big as his heart.
If you knew Moose you can probably hear his infectious, contagious laugh. Moose enjoyed the little things in life and was a laid back guy. He will be severely missed by his loved ones.
Moose went home to be with his father and the Lord on the afternoon of April 20, 2024. He was 57. He passed away unexpectedly with his children, family and friends by his side.
He was preceded in death by his father, Arnold Frasier; paternal and maternal grandparents, Houston and Marie Frasier and Adam and Johanna Birst; his late friends, Tim (Lori) Blade and Art Ferguson.
Moose is survived by his children, Mikayla (Jonethyn) Collins of Dickinson, N.D., Patrick (Sydney) of Missoula, Mont., Micah of Ashland, Mont., Ethan (Kaitlin) of Otter Creek, Mont.; his mother, Carol Frasier of Rockerville, N.D.; his siblings, Paul “Frog” of Rockerville, Gerald “Weiner” (Ruthie) of Keystone, S.D., Walt “Grumps” (Carmen) of Spearfish, S.D., Mary (Rick) Siemonsma of Keystone, and Russ “Bus” (Lisa) of Oral, S.D; grandchildren, Kaisyn, Kylie, Zayn and Zayla; numerous nieces, nephews, cousins, uncles nd aunts; and all his brothers and sisters in the churches he has attended throughout his life, especially his last church he attended, Faith Evangelical Church.
We would like to send a sincere thank you to the Rosebud Health Care Center, Sidney Care flight team, St. Vincent’s Cardiology team, including the doctors and nurses who supported him before his final ascent to heaven.
A wake was held April 25 at Ashland Christian Fellowship. A funeral service was held at the Soaring Eagle Gymnasium in Ashland April 26. Burial followed at the Willow Crossing Cemetery in Ashland.
Stevenson and Sons Funeral Home has been entrusted with arrangements. To leave condolences for the family visit


User login